Everyone knows that Maui is always good for its sunshine, beach and ocean during the day, but what’s there to do after dark?
Aside from the usual, like dining on the beach or sipping a mai tai under the stars, Maui has a pretty happening nightlife scene. It’s no L.A. or New York, but check out our roundup of nighttime fun on Maui:
General Nighttime Fun
Maui’s Friday Town Party features “Aloha Friday” events around the island with great local grinds, artisans, vendors, live music and after-hours partying. Here’s the schedule:
- First Friday, Wailuku, 5:30-8: outdoor street events, music, food and drinks. On Market, Main, and Vineyard streets.
- Second Friday, Lahaina, 5-9: expanded art night, live music, food vendors. On and adjacent to Front Street.
- Third Friday, Makawao, 6-9: live music, kid games, food trucks. Makawao Avenue and Baldwin Avenue.
- Fourth Friday, Kihei, 6-9: music, vendors, food trucks, restaurant specials. At Azeka Mauka Shopping Center parking lot.
Trivia Fan? Some of us are. Try Dog and Duck in Kihei on Thursdays.
How about bingo? Moose’s in Kihei has all your bingo needs covered, Mondays at 7:30.
Performances and Art
Most mainstream performance events from concerts to comedians can be found at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center in Kahului.
ArT=Mixx is an interactive social event at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. These peculiar but cool events connect artists with audience in a display of performing and visual arts. The theme changes every few months, and it’s definitely worth checking out.
Other great live music venues:
- Mulligans on the Blue in Kihei – renowned entertainer Willie K plays regularly here
- Diamonds in Kihei has regular live music
- Fleetwoods in Lahaina has regular live music and the occasional special guest. It’s owned by Maui resident Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac, so don’t be surprised if…
- Charley’s in Paia offers music events, with the occasional drop-in from Maui resident Willie Nelson
In addition to Willie and Mick, you might also catch Maui resident Steven Tyler of Aerosmith fame playing a little rock n’ roll at local venues.
Where’s “Art Night,” you ask? It’s every Friday night in Lahaina on Front Street from 7-10. Art galleries open their doors and invite you in to chat with artists, gallery owners and fellow art aficionados.
Remember: Stay Safe
No island fun time would be complete without being mindful and responsible. If you’re impaired and can’t drive, call a cab or Uber (yes, Uber’s on Maui) and stay safe while enjoying Maui after dark!
We would be delighted to be part of your next Maui vacation. If we can assist you with planning your perfect Maui vacation, please contact our Sunny Maui Vacations’ team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 808-240-1311 Extension 21. Let us help you reserve your vacation rental condo in South Maui and assist you with island recommendations and activity planning through our in-house Concierge at 808-240-1311 Extension 71.
Need a hand with your next Maui vacation? Please contact the Sunny Maui Vacations team at email@example.com or call 808-240-1311, ext. 21. We’ll find you the best vacation rental condo or rental home in South Maui and help you with any and all recommendations and activities across Maui.