“Creating exceptional vacation experiences, one guest at a time.”
Sunny Maui Vacations is a full service, boutique vacation rental agency serving mid-to luxury properties on the island of Maui, Hawaii.
GUEST EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST
We are looking for a self-motivated, driven, customer service oriented individual to join our vacation rental management ‘ohana.
The key to our success is our company values, our focus on quality output and an understanding of the hospitality industry and its luxury market.
Status: Employee, Full Time
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: South Maui, Hawaii
- Providing exceptional customer service in EVERY guest interaction
- Willing to understand guests’ needs and catering to those to maximize our guests’ vacation experience
- Completing the reservation process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic locks, promoting marketing programs
- Preparing and providing a welcome packet/email and ensuring guest is prepared for arrival, has all pertinent vacation information available prior to the trip
- Assisting guests with early check-in, late check-out and any request during their stay
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of Maui
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the properties we represent. Information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, complex details – amenities -, the local area and other general product knowledge
- Ability to close the sale by understanding guests’ needs and delivering upon those
- Promptly answering all guest questions and inquiries, calls
- Using techniques to balance inventory and maximizing revenues for owners
- Following up with in-house guests after each request in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Communicating with sub-contractors to facilitate repairs to maintain the properties in excellent condition
- Courteous, efficient post departure communication
- “Meet and greet” with guests
- Fielding guest complaints, conducting research and resolving and negotiating solutions for guest’ satisfaction
- Receiving, inputting, retrieving and relaying messages to guests and from guests – communicating with our team
- Computing bills, collecting and processing payments for reservations
- Producing daily reports
- Effectively communicating with Housekeeping about room statuses to enhance the guests’ arrival and departure experience
- Effectively communicating with Concierge about guest’ requests
- Ability to understand and react to emergency situations
- Maintaining daily log and communicating effectively with other Guest Service team members and Operations Manager
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
Currently the successful candidate will have the ability to work from home.
- Must be available any day, any shift, including weekends and holidays
- 2 years’ experience as hotel/resort front desk agent is a MUST
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated individual
- Reliable – Trustworthy
- Guest and Customer oriented individual
- Must have great attention to detail
- Display the ALOHA SPIRIT in every guest and team interaction
Hourly rate plus commission.
To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants can send his or her letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until qualified candidate is selected.